Search This Blog

Saturday, June 5, 2010

The final push

I'm onto the final push. almost a decade ago I was in Dallas for work hitting all you can eat BBQ and drinking beer specials as long as they kept serving me. For some reason I stepped on a mall pay a dollar get your weight scale. It read 324 lbs. Well since then I've quit my job, went back to school to get a PhD moved across the country and managed to stay married (my spouse is insane, but I so happy she is!). Oh and I'm within 5 lbs of dropping 100 lbs. I called this adventure project 100 even wrote it on the back of my XXL under armour shirts. Last week I wrote it on my newest shirt a L. I'm on the final push working on a perfect couple of weeks to get to that goal then the scale goes away and I concentrate on eating well, and getting into the best shape of my life. Pretty cool, thanks to everyone and they are so many of you that helped. But without my wife, Mary this never would have happened. Thank you so much, pretty good chance you'll have me around a lot longer now as well, hope that is OK with you!

1 comment:

  1. Hellz ya! I hope to have you around, inspiring me every day, till we are at least a hundred. Never mind what I told the cashier at the grocery store about wanting to die in my bed at 103, after a day of waterskiing, with my 20-something lover at my side. I will take YOU any day over some clumsy hunk of veal. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete