Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Going great and and October challenge is decided.

In last few weeks things have really come together. I've been exercising with intensity and duration (at least an hour for the past 18 days. Eating is becoming pretty focused and I'm making good choices not feeling deprived. No back pain except when swimming so I've backed off that for the time being and increased the focus on tennis, running, biking, core work and the hundred push up program. Onto week 4 of the 100 push up program this week, just finished my first "long run" about 10k, I know not a long run for those who "run" but we are building up slowly, and had a couple of longer rides this weekend. Still filling out some of the 12 monthly challenges I'll set for the 45th year but October is now decided. 146 days from this post I'll be in the midst of my first marathon. http://www.hly royalvictoriamarathon.com/ On 10/10/10 the world will not end but I will hopefully be able to tick a box on my really want to do life list. I went to early register for the half Marathon but this is a year of pushing, a year of the highest level of fitness possible so 42.195 km or 26.2 miles it is. I'm pretty excited and have no time goals it is to finish and be able to enjoy celebrating after the event. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment