Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

FOCUS!

Been a while since I posted, a bit up and down. the ups have had a couple of consecutive long runs over 90 mins, felt good during but have been suffering from foot and ankle issue that have kept other runs relatively short. back out there ran an easy 30 min push run, check out zen and art of triathlon for more creative exercise ideas! Push runs are stopping every 10 mins and pounding out, in my case 15 push ups them back to running.  Eating is fairly good but the less it requires attention, lack of attention for me leads to an increase in portion size and yes you can eat too much food even if it of the good and healthy variety.

As I started this 45th year project I had and still have a lot of goals, but as I know all too well too many goals does not lead to success! So my focus until Thanksgiving, (Oct 11th in Canada) is on running and completing my first half marathon, the Royal Victoria Marathon. That means 4 runs a week including a long run. The other days are a time for active recovery and cross training, cycling, some tennis and continue to do body weight resistance training and some stretching/yoga.

Pretty excited about running, in by far the longest race I've ever thought about. At this point each weekend my long run is my personal best longest run, nearly 10 miles at this point. I've only been back running for about 6 months and never really had sustained running other than to get ready for a sport in the past so pretty cool getting into the almost 2 hr over 10 mile territory. I am certainly feeling the long run and fatigue and soreness have been a frequent visitor the past few weeks. Need to really pay attention to recovery. It is interesting as the shift from a focus on weight loss, get there burn lots of calories, vs training, focus on smart workout proper fueling and especially on adequate and intelligent recovery. No time goal just to finish and finish with a smile on my face, that being said I'm going to push, it is part of me and part I really like so we will see in a couple of months what my half marathon PB or PR will be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment