Search This Blog

Friday, April 30, 2010

Challenge 2: MAY - 30 workouts 30 days

Month one is almost done, I'll report back tomorrow with the numbers and thoughts on the first month of the preseason. Great start but the fittest of my life is a long way off so May will need to be as tough as 2 a days in a NFL training camp, but unlike some vets who like to conveniently have contract talks during camp and "sit out" the hard work, I'm ready. On the exercise front  - one goal for May:

"Workout for at least an 1 hour a day for  30 straight days"

Then a rest day Monday May 31st, until then at least one hour of activity (and no dog walking will no longer count). hikes are fine, core and strength training, cycling, tennis, swimming, run/walks are all in the mix. Seems pretty simple but I know life creeps in including an anniversary, a visit from my Mom and a lot less structure at work but I know it is doable. The rough plan:
Saturday long ride or run
Sunday Tennis training
Monday run plus push ups
Tues ride and tennis plus core
Wed run and swim plus push ups
Thurs ride or run plus core
Fri ride plus push ups

No comments:

Post a Comment